Friday, December 12, 2008

December 12, 2008, Buffy the Nurturer

I dream I am at Quaker meeting. It is a small meeting, not more than ten people. The meeting room is very large with a hardwood floor. We are all sitting on the bare floor. There are two piles of burned wood in the center of the circle, like burned out camp fires.

I am cuddling an attractive young woman. She is sitting on my lap. We spin around on the floor to face into the middle of the circle and slide into the arc of the circle. I raise my arms, with my left arm around her head, and clasp my hands above our heads. I feel very happy and comfortable, safe, and secure, full of love and affection for her. It feels mutual.

The man leading the meeting on the other side of the circle is very uncomfortable and literally climbs the wall, like a spider (like Spider Man). He feels frustrated. He has all of the responsibility of leading the meetings without receiving the love and appreciation that he needs.

The woman I am cuddling is wearing a backless blouse. I rub her all over her warm, smooth, tanned back. It feels good. Her blouse front has straps that tie at the neck. I tie the straps at the back of her neck, but she tells me not to, so I untie them for her. I ask her why she does not want her straps tied. She tells me she is like Buffy. I ask, "Do you mean Buffy the Vampire Slayer?" She says, "No." I ask her, "Do you mean Buffy Sainte-Marie? She responds, "Who is Buffy Sainte-Marie?" I am puzzled by her answering my question with another question.

As I write this, I recall that Buffy Sainte-Marie breast-fed her baby on Sesame Street. The woman I am cuddling with obviously represents the nurturing that I need in my life. Buffy Sainte-Marie is a Native American folk singer that I greatly admire. She inspires me. She nurtured my creativity and imagination as a young man. She is one of the many muses I have had in my life.

No comments: